Sunday, June 7, 2009

The Secret

We have a secret, just we three,

The robin, and I, and the sweet cherry tree;





The bird told the tree, and the tree told me,

And nobody knows it but just we three.


But of course, the robin knows best,
Because he built the - I shan't tell the rest;


And laid the four little - something - in it.
I'm afraid I shall tell it every minute.


But if the tree and the robin don't peep,
I'll try my best the secret to keep;




Though I know when the little birds fly about,


Then the whole secret will be out!




(author unknown)

7 comments:

Mama B said...

Such a sweet little poem! I love the anticipation! =)

Mrs. E said...

That was beautiful....
so happy that I stopped by!

Vickie said...

What beautiful, beautiful poems and pictures you have! I am visiting from Miss Sandy's blog this morning. Just dropped by to say hi! I'll have to visit your other blogs - I'm sure they're just as lovely!

Lori said...

This is absolutely darling! Love the poem and the pictures! :)

Linda C said...

I love this poem. We have a cherry tree that the robins (and many other birds enjoy:) Although... the cherries are the worst tasting things you ever put in your mouth. I can't figure out why...

Linda C

Jonathan said...

That has to be by A.A. Milne

Jonathan said...

Try digging about 20 cm deep around the tree out to the drip line and then adding a manure blend to the soil.